Saturday, October 2, 2010

Plastic Skull Garland & More


Can you spot the new items in my Halloween display?


I'll give you a clue.  I used a clean milk jug to make one of them.


Plastic milk jug skull garland.  I have searched and searched, but I can't find the blog that inspired this project.  However I can at least link the template that I used to make these skulls.  All I did was clean the milk jug as soon as it was empty.  Then I cut out each of the panels.  I'm going to have to work on two of the sides more to remove the stickers.  Then I can make more skulls.  Next I laid a plastic panel on top of the skull print out, and I traced over it with a thin sharpie.  Next I cut out the outside of the skull.  I used a pointy tool to punch holes in the eyes, nose, and mouth so that I could use my scissors to cut them out.  An exacto knife would have been better to use.  Then I punched a small hole in each ear, connected them with white yarn, and hung them up on my mantel.  It will be very easy to add more in the future.


I love them!


Last night and today I made more felt bats and mice to tape around the house.  The templates can be found on Martha Stewart's web page.  See yesterday's post for the links.


I also finished wrapping this wreath frame with Fall colored yarn. 


I have some fake flowers and leaves in Fall colors that I want to add to it.

4 comments:

  1. I love the skull garland! How creative!! Definitely going to try this!

    Jen @ messhalltobistro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Love the wreath!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the skull garland too! link it up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had thought that this idea came from a blog, but it actually came from a book that I checked out of the library last week.

    ReplyDelete