Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Heart Garland & Ladybugs

I've been wanting to make these ladybugs for days.
They are made out of egg cartons, a black pom pom, and google eyes.  My 3 year had fun helping me paint them.  I might add a clip to the bottom of them so that they can clip onto different surfaces, or I might just find a way to stick them to the wall.  It would be really cute to see them crawling around the wall.
This Valentine's heart garland was made out of 5 toilet paper tubes and yarn.
I painted the outside of the tubes red and the inside pink.  After the paint dried, I cut the tube into strips.  Then I shaped the loops into hearts.  Next I punched a hole on either side of the heart and strung it on some pink yarn.  The yarn has a loop at each end for hanging.
Now I have some really cute garland hanging in my house for Valentine's Day.

8 comments:

  1. The ladybugs are ultra-adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower via Thursday blog hop. I would love if you could follow me back at http://frugalcouponingmommy3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for ladybugs. What a great idea! And your garland is so pretty and original! Love it! I'd love for you to come link this up next Friday at my party: www.fastdaze.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! You did a fabulous job! I'd love for you to come link it up to my Love Link Party. It would be a fantastic addition.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your post on Craft-o-Maniac. These are great!! I will have to remember to save my egg cartons, because those ladybugs would be great to make with my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why did I just toss out my egg cartons??? I do still have about 5 tp rolls though! Great upcycling crafts! Would love for you to share these at my link party tomorrow if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete