Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valentine's Envelopes & Candy Cane Heart Wreath

Last night I finished these two crochet Valentine's envelopes.
I filled them with handmade Valentine's ornaments and mailed them off to some online friends today.
The other day I saw this great blog post by our life in a click on how to make a Valentine's candy cane wreath.  I knew that I had to make one.  First I figured out how many candy canes that I would need to make the wreath.  Then I die cut 2 hearts out of a cereal box and 2 hearts out of some red glitter eco-fi felt (made from recycled plastic bottles).  I glued the felt onto the colored side of the cardboard.  I then hot glued the candy canes onto the brown sides of the hearts.  I attached a loop of ribbon to the top.  The ribbon is white and red and says "Let It Snow," which is fitting since February is when we get the most snow here.  It was very easy to make and it looks great.  It is a little heavy and fragile (because of the candy canes), so handle with care.  Sorry that it is not a better picture, but I really wanted to show it right away.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! So cute I love yours!! Thanks for the blog love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those crocheted envelopes... they are so cute. I can see them in different colors for all sorts of different holidays or occasions :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete