Thursday, March 24, 2011

Soda Tab Bracelet Videos

Here are some of the crochet pull tab bracelets that I made this month using this pattern.
Two days ago I made a video tutorial of the green bracelet (shown in the bottom right hand side of the block of 4 photos).  For that tutorial I did a voice over.  It just didn't seen like a good enough tutorial to me.  So I made another one last night, thus the blue bracelet that you see above.  For this video tutorial I used a microphone while I taped myself making the bracelet.  I like it much better.  It did go from being an 8 minute video to a 14 minute one, but it is worth it.  I did get the permission of the pattern's designer to make the video.  Below is the video.  I hope that you enjoy it.  I am also including another soda tab bracelet video that I made this week.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy! I've been wanting to try these, and have been saving my pop tabs, but just didn't know for sure which technique I was going to go with. I saw one that used the fabric of an old t-shirt, and I saw the crochet one.. but I think I'm going to try the one with the ribbons. I have a VERY small wrist, and it won't take many tabs, or ribbon, I'm sure!.. and I like the closure on yours too. I'm pretty sure I have some around! I'll let ya know if I get one successfully done! Thanks in the meantime! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can't wait to see your bracelet. Please send me a link after you make it and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... You lost me after the second tab.. But I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J60WhPRHEL4 and this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQpv6N7O8c of mine. Both of them are about making a soda tab bracelet with ribbon. They might help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.k. It took me SEVERAL times, not just out of frustration, but also from trying to get the size right!... I finally decided to try the pop-tab bracelet you made a while back, with the VHS tape (not criss-crossed), the one you wore a flower in your hair!... Finally, finally, I finished one, and am very happy with it. Dear Son told me it looked "cool" too! So NOW, of course, I want to make more in different colors.. maybe try a crochet one too! I will post, probably after making a couple more, then I'll let you know! Fun! Fun! Fun! Thanks, Kristy! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one is easier to make than the X one. I'm glad that you were able to make one. Let your son know that I know a few boys (including a 17 year old) who like to wear them as well. They usually like them with black or brown ribbon. I'm doing a little happy dance from your post :) I can't wait to see all of the bracelets that you are making! - Kristy

    ReplyDelete