Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blossom Dishcloth

The other day I needed to pick up some supplies for my class from Michaels.  On an end cap was my favorite yarn, Lily's Sugar'n Cream.  It might seem strange that that is my favorite yarn, but I really love cotton yarn.  Anyway, hanging up in front of the yarn was one of those free patterns.  I knew that this was one pattern that would be made/used within a week.  So last night I went through my Lily's Sugar'n Cream stash and followed the free pattern.  I finished it today.  I love it.  It doesn't look like a dishcloth to me, and I don't plan on using it as one.  I'm thinking hot pad.  I plan on making a few more starting tonight.
When I showed my husband the finished product he said, "Wow!  It doesn't look like a wreck anymore."  He saw the beginning stages of this project and it did look like a weird mess.  I can't wait to make more.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty!!!.. (and I agree, I would use it as a hot pad! Nice too, I think, for Easter breakfast or Easter dinner tables!) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really pretty, but I don't think it's much like a dishcloth either, far too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and it will make a beautiful hotpad. I'm going to have to look for that pattern and put it on my ever growing to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this . You did a great job. Makes my rectangle dishcloths look so boring. Thanks for researching the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete