My oldest son is doing an oral presentation on the terra-cotta soldiers in China today. He needed to write a report, make a 3D model (his was out of clay), and wear a costume for it. He did everything himself except for the costume, that was my job. So while he was busy making the clay soldiers, I was busy making this outfit for him. I spent all day Saturday making the front armor out of soda tabs and black ribbon. It took 4 spools of ribbon to make it and most of my tab collection. There are ribbon ties for his neck and waist. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but it is pretty long. The "manly" skirt is blackboard fabric that I cut and sewed with no pattern. I added a thick ribbon to the top of it and left a small slit at the top side so that he could slip it on and off easily. With the left over blackboard fabric I cut out a mustache and small triangle goatee which we attached to his face with duct tape. He just needs to wear it for 10 minutes, so I'm not worried about the duct tape. He looked great when he had everything on last night. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it later today.