Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday - Dyeing, crocheting, and up coming classes

Today I finished crocheting this plied white plarn and boa yarn bag. I plan on sewing a white lining in it and adding some white store bought handles to it. It is really nice to touch.

Today was also the last Sunday school class where we dyed wool with Kool Aid. This is the work of three of the 4th graders. They took their time and as a result this might be the brightest skein from the 5 classes. They also made some matchbook notebooks.

I also made 2 quilt blocks tonight for the box exchange for my quilt guild. Since its a secret who is working on who's box, I'll post pictures of all the blocks that I've made in April when the box exchange is over.

This week I am teaching 2 adult classes at two different libraries in Massachusetts. On Wednesday the 24th I'll be at the Chelmsford Main Library from 7 pm - 9 pm. This workshop will be on making plarn (plastic bag yarn), plastic bag wreaths, and a demo on fusing plastic. Supplies will be available, however if you come it would be helpful if you brought some plastic bags, scissors, and a wreath frame. On Saturday the 27th I will be at the Brooks Free Library from 1 - 2:30 pm. It is at 739 Main St. in Harwich, MA. For this class we will be making plarn, plastic bag wreaths, and tarn (t-shirt yarn). Supplies will be available, however it would be helpful if you brought plastic bags and an old t-shirt. I am really looking forward to both classes. It should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment