Monday, February 1, 2010

Interviewed

Today a reporter, Hiroko Sato, from the Lowell Sun came to my house with a photographer. She interviewed me about all the different eco-crafts that I make. I'm not sure when the article will be out, but I will post a link when it does. I think that the interview went really well. They seemed impressed with all that I make out of recycled materials.

I also went to the library to talk with one of the librarians about the Earth Fair that I'm organizing. Thats right, I'm doing it again. I'm organizing my town's Earth Fair on Saturday May 8th this year. I want to make it more of an event, so I am inviting local artists to come as well. The librarian is sending out an email asking local artists in her network of they would be interested in participating. So far I have made some better connections this year in regards to getting the word out about this event. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but so far so good. Right now there are about 11 or 12 presenters coming. A storyteller, possibly Outdoor Singing Bowl Journey (a meditative band), Cartridge World, MCAN & Chelmsford CAN (the Earth Fair sponsors), Down to the Dirt (worm composting), the Chelmsford Quilt Guild, Rainstay, Virginio Mendonca, plus some local eco-crafters (including myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment