Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is here and I would like to share what I have been making for this special day. This is a crochet heart made from 2 soda tabs. Using a size us 3 crochet hook (a very small hook) and some crochet thread, make some single crochet stitches around the top hole of one soda tab. Then over lap another soda tab so that the bottom holes are on top of each other but at an angle. Then crochet through the 2 layers of the bottom hole. Then crochet through the top hole of the 2nd soda tab. Slip stitch into the first soda tab. Then using a double crochet, go around the whole heart one more time, then bind off and weave in the ends.

You can put a chain through the two top holes and wear it as a necklace.

This cute little puppy with a heart rug is for my toddler. You can download the free pattern on ravelry. It's a easy pattern and can be made in one night.

This sack boy is for my 10 year old who loves to play the Play Station 3 game Little Big Planet. Sack boy is the main character in the game. This will be the 3rd one that I have made for him. I call him the Ninja of Love. When using the pattern, you have to tweak the body and head because the pattern wasn't written very well. I will be posting my modified version of the pattern soon. To get the red band around the eyes, change the color in rows 20 - 28. He is wearing a soda tab heart bracelet, as a type of Valentine's. This time around I did not stuff the head as firmly as I normally do, thus the head is smaller than the other two that I've made. I also cut 5 straws in half and joined the 10 straw pieces together with 2 rubber bands to make the spine. The pattern calls for less straws which isn't enough to with stand him being played with.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that my husband made his own light box last night and took all of these pictures for me. There are no gifts here for him here, because our anniversary is in a few days. Thus Valentine's Day is more for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some more pictures of the puppy on my husband's blog: http://drupanishad.blogspot.com/2010/02/lightbox-photos-diy-light-tent.html

    ReplyDelete