Sunday, February 7, 2010

Harvard Museum of Natural History

We went to the Harvard Museum of Natural History today. All of these pictures were taken in the plant section. They are glass anatomical sections of various flowers and plants.

I took them because of their shapes. I love their patterns.

I'm sharing them with you, because maybe you might be inspired by their shapes / patterns as well.

I was thinking about making a quilt that is inspired by these plants. Maybe each block is a different design that is executed using reverse appliqué.

These are just a few of the picture that I took there. I also took several pictures of minerals and gems to use as color combination inspiration. It was extremely hard to take a good picture of these plant models. They were behind glass, so I did not want to use my flash. I had to try and hold my camera perfectly still so that the image wasn't blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment