Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper Bead Bracelet Class Tomorrow - Somerville, MA.

I should have been finished making these 3 reusable shopping bags by now, but I have other things that are higher priority on my crafting to do list at the moment.  However I still wanted you to see them.  I bought the fabric from the remnants section of the fabric store.
Tomorrow at 2 p.m. I will be teaching a paper bead bracelet class at the Somerville Public Library in MA.  So that meant that I got to cut up one of my husband's old photography magazines (with his permission).  
I also made a sample bracelet for the class since I could not find my original one.  Plus it is always good to do a little refresher just before teaching something, even if you can make it in your sleep.  Plus my original one is an anklet.
I tried to find as many green and blue pieces of paper that I could to make the beads.  I also used green thread to make it, because I wanted a bracelet that I could wear on St. Patrick's Day.  I'm trying out a different kind of clasp than I normally use (the kind that twists vs the claw one).  Sometimes the claw one is a little hard for the kids to use, and I remember using the twisting kind a lot as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment