Monday, May 3, 2010

Paper Beads & Compost Bins


Here is my ever growing paper beads.  I made a bunch last night, and I made a few more a little while ago.  My husband got a huge catalogue in he mail today that he didn't want; so, I have been making beads out of it.  I want to make a lot so that I can be picky when choosing which ones to make a necklace or bracelet out of.



Here is my old, broken compost bin.  You can see where the ties have broken.  It is still filled with composting materials as well as some great soil.  I got to use some of the soil recently when planting some trees in our back yard.  The ties broke when I was using a shovel to turn the compost.


Thats when I decided to spend at little bit more and buy this rolling compost bin.  You roll it around the yard to turn your compost.  I love it!  I've only been using it for two weeks.


I couldn't leave out my rain barrel that I have had for 3 years.  Plants love rain water a lot more than treated water from the faucet, plus the water is free and you save energy by using it.  Don't worry about bugs getting in it.  It has a mesh water opening that allows the water from your gutter to come in while keeping the bugs out.  This has been used a lot lately for watering our newly planted trees and bushes as well as my flower garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment