Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stash Busting September

Robin from The T-Shirt Diaries is hosting Stash Busting September Blogs on her blog.  Anyone who wants to participate has until September 4th to sign up.  Basically it is an extreme craft challenge.  You can not buy any craft supplies (with the exception of if it is for a job) for the entire month!  I haven't done a craft challenge in a while, and I really need to save some money and work with what I've got.  So I took some pictures of some of my stash to help motivate myself.


Fabric


I have a lot of fabric.


Scrap fabric


WIPs & UFOs


Felt (eco-fi felt made from 100% recycled bottles)


Vanna's Choice Yarn


Cotton Yarn


Plastic Bags, good for fusing, making plarn, and making wreaths


Juice Pouches


Bottle Caps


I recently started saving the popsicle sticks with jokes on them.


Soda Tabs

This is a small look at my craft stash.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting...I just entered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I think this is great. Your stash looks so much better than mine (so much neater)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stash! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable - I didn't think anyone else saved all their bottle caps. Your collection looks just like mine.

    I save all my rice bags - the brand I buy comes in packaging similar to Capri Sun...I wanna make those cool purses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UFO's... hahaha!! It took me a minute... I have a lot of those, myself. And what is plarn AND how do you make a wreath with a plastic bag? I'm excited to see it all!! I'm jealous of your soda tab collection. I'm serious. Oh, the bracelets I could make!
    (now that I've seen all the organized goodness out there I am horrified by my stash of ugliness...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly, if you look on the upper right hand side of my blog you will see a link to my you tube page. Episode 1 (3 videos) on there is all about crafting with plastic bags. I show how to make plarn (plastic bag yarn) and how to make a plastic bag wreath (picture at the bottom right hand side of my blog). Here is a past blog post on how to make the wreath: http://textiles4you.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-easy-being-green-plastic-bag-crafts.html
    And here is a past blog post on how to make plarn: http://textiles4you.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-make-plyan.html

    ReplyDelete