Thursday, March 17, 2011
Plarn Easter Basket
sc = single crochet, st = stitch
- Form a loop and sc 8 times into the same loop.
- Row 2: 2 sc in each st = 16 sts
- Row 3: 2 sc in st, 1 sc in next st, repeat = 24 sts
- Row 4: 2 sc in st, sc in next two sts, repeat = 32 sts
- Row 5: 2 sc in st, sc in next 3 sts, repeat = 40 sts
- Rows 6 - 8: sc in every stitch
- Rows 9 and up: 2 sc in a stitch, skip a stitch, repeat. This forms a V pattern. You might have to fudge it a bit at the end of row 9 (like 2 sc twice in a row instead of skipping a stitch). Your 2 sc in a stitch for rows 10 and up should always be in the last row's V shaped stitches.
- When you reached the hight that you want, sc in 3 stitches, chain one, and turn work.
- Work these 3 stitches back and forth until you get the desired length that you want for the handle.
- Then crochet the end of the handle into the other side of the basket.
- Bind off and weave in the ends.
I filmed myself making this, and will have it up on you tube soon.