Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting Scrappy


I have this drawer that I keep all my small scraps of fabric in.  Other people have even given me their scrap fabric as well.  This week I have been sewing the scraps together to create a larger piece of fabric.  Its a little wild.  Its a little crazy.  Its also very fun.  No patterns, just fabric, my sewing machine, scissors, and an iron.  At first I wanted to make a coin purse that I saw in a magazine.  Then I thought about making a quilt.  Now I'm wondering if I should make some reusable shopping bags out of the new fabric.  I still have a lot more sewing to go before I'm ready to make a project out if it though.  That means plenty of time to figure out exactly what I want to make.


This is the crib quilt that I made 3 years ago by sewing only the black and white scrap fabric together.  The green is left over from a table cloth that I had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment