Friday, September 25, 2009

Single Skein September


You gotta love all the little made up craft months. September holds single skein September and is national sewing month. Single skein September is a time for people to make quick and easy projects using their left over yarn that is to small for other projects or to use a single skein / ball of yarn to make something. I Googled "book: single skein" and got this result. I own one book called "Single Skein." The Stash N Burn group on ravelry currently has a single skein September thread.

Why am I bringing this up? I have been knitting a dishcloth almost daily this week. I love making dishcloths using Lily's Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. They hold up really well, and they are wonderful to use. I am currently stash busting and making Christmas gifts at the same time with these dishcloths. You can make one to two dishcloths from a single skein of this yarn. You can also use what is left of the skein to make coasters, hot pads (so that hot dishes don't ruin your table), and a rug. All 3 of these things can be made using the wonder knitter / spool knitter. Then you can stitch it together in a circular pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment