Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 of Challenge

I have made 3 ornaments so far. Two are knitted and one is crochet. I made up the crochet pattern to match the knit one from lionbrand.com. One can be made in a single night.

I recently joined an amigrumi group on ravelry. One of the members designed an angel pattern, and it is the pattern for the January ami-along. I started making it today. So far the head is finished and I'm working on the dress/body. I shouldn't say the head is completely finished, because there are details to add later.

Here is my tarn rug so far. I've used 9 t-shirts so far. The blue one is an Applebee's shirt that I use to wear as a kid.

I have spent $11 of the $15 so far for this month. I bought a set of crochet hooks. I could have bought only 1 for less (in the size that I needed), but I saved money by buying the set. I also bought a pattern off of Etsy to make my nephew a present for his birthday next month. This is my first pattern purchase that wasn't in a book. It's perfect for him. I'm looking forward to starting his gift.

2 comments:

  1. Love the ornament, gonna check into the angel amigurumi and haven't started the rug. Keep on blogging and inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara :) Here is the link to the ami-along: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/amigurumi-talk/944717/1-25#1
    You can also check my projects folder on ravelry to get the angel pattern.

    ReplyDelete