Saturday, January 23, 2010

Holiday Trash Bash Challenge

In the Ravelry group Trash to Treasures (link to the right of this blog) there was a holiday trash bash challenge given. You had to use at least 3 of the following items:
  • toilet paper tubes
  • scrap fabric
  • wrapping paper
  • tissue paper
  • bottle caps
  • holiday cards
  • used cds
  • gift cards / old credit cards
  • ribbon
This ornament was my solution. I took one of those clear cds that comes with a spindle of cds and I punched holes all around it (with a small hole punch). Then I made a blanket stitch through the holes. Then using a size 2 mm crochet hook I sc, ch 1, sc in each of the blanket stitches. For the loop I chained 35 stitches. The gift tag was made from a used ribbon using my die-cutter. The paper ornaments came off of 2 Christmas cards. Both sides of the ornament are the same.

2 comments:

  1. Wow and I'm sure that you won that challenge didn't you? How crafty you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I liked what someone else did. They crochet around a cd and a toilet paper tube to make a candle in a candle holder. The flame was tissue paper, I think. And there were fake flowers all around it.

    This was my 2nd attempt at the challenge. My 1st attempt looked like a 6 year old made it, lol. I got stumped on how to use 3 items.

    ReplyDelete