Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 9 & 10 of Challenge


I wrote 100 New Years resolutions on the 1st. Why 100? Because after a certain amount, you stop making big resolutions and just write things that you would like to do. At the end of the year, you'll have completed at least half of your resolutions vs. possibly failing at one. Anyway, one of my resolutions was to make plarn once a month. I'm constantly getting plastic bags from people I know. They take up a lot of space before they are cut. Well last night I cut a bunch of plastic bags, and I started to join them to make plarn. I'm not done, but its a start.


I joined an amigurumi group in ravelry. They like to do an ami-along each month. One of the moderators is a teenager who wanted to test out a pattern that she had come up with, thus the January ami-along was born. I just finished the pattern, an angel, today. It took me 4 days to make. I think that she turned out cute.


Today I joined 2 new groups on ravelry. One does a year long knit along (kal) and the other does a year long crochet along (cal). Both have a different square / block a month so that by the time December rolls around, you have enough squares to make an afghan. In preparation for starting the blocks I wound a container full of yarn on my ball winder.


No comments:

Post a Comment