Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday School Kool Aid Dyeing Week 3

Here is the dyed wool from the last 2 Sunday school classes. They turned out great! The wool from today plus these two will be in the church auction this coming Saturday. I plan on bidding on one of these myself.

Here is today's 400 yards of prepared wool and Kool Aid dyes ready for the 1st grade Sunday school class.

It's not a very good picture of it, but here is the wool after the kids dyed it today. It got a little muddied in the middle, but trust me when I say that it will look great once its dry. There are some really beautiful areas in it. The color is much richer than it is in the picture.

I read The Mitten Tree for the kids after they finished dyeing the wool and were eating a snack. I fits in with the Kool Aid dyeing, because it is about making something (mittens) out of wool and giving them to someone else. Three weeks / 3 skeins of the dyed wool is going to be auctioned to raise money for the church. Then the next 3 weeks / 3 skeins will be knit into prayer shawls to give to those who need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment