Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy 101 Award


I was just nominated for a Happy 101 Award by Christi from Fat Bottom Bags. Thank you Christi! You should check out her blog and website to see the amazing environmental work that she does.


So here's how it works:If you are listed as one of the 10 bloggers that make me happy, and you want to participate, then simply blog your own list of 10 things that make you happy. Try to do one of those things today. Then tag 10 other bloggers that brighten your day. If you choose to participate, then please link back to my blog :)

Here are the 10 things that make me happy:

1. My husband: I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my life with. I can be myself around him, and he loves me for who I am (and visa versa). Life with him is never dull (even though we might seem dull from the outside).

2. My kids: I have 2 wonderful boys who I love dearly.

3. Being creative: I would go crazy if I didn't have a creative outlet. I am inspired by the world around me, other artists and crafters, and the power of my own imagination and dreams.

4. My Family: My parents have always supported my creative side. They even sent me to art school. My dad is a photographer and my mom is very crafty. They have both been a big influence in my creativity.

5. This blog: I'm like a little kid, I love to show off what I am making. I started this blog a little over a year ago as a craft journal. I wasn't sure if anyone outside of my friends and family would see it, let alone like it. Now I have 25 followers, most of whom I've never met in person. I hope that my love for arts and crafts as well as my love for the environment spreads via this blog.

6. My T.V. Show: Who knew in 2008 that I would have my own t.v. show in 2009? Not me. I was promoting the Earth Day Fair in my town on a local show, when the host said that I should have my own show. She planted that seed in my head. When that seed grew, I went for it. Now I am able to spread my love for eco-crafting and helping the environment to the people in my town and those who view it on you tube. And guess what? People actually watch it!

7. Doing demos & teaching classes: This is another way that I can spread my love for eco-crafting. My feeling is that if I reach one other person out there, then I have made a difference. I love being able to connect with people one on one, show them how to make things and answer any questions that they might have. I also learn a few things in the process. One of my favorite times was when I was showing a Cub Scout pack how to make plarn (plastic bag yarn). A month or two later one of the boys' mom came up to me and told me that he went home and made a ball of plarn. Then he asked his grandma to teach him how to knit.

8. Photo Hikes: As a family we go on photo hikes. The kids get to run around and get some exercise. My husband and I love to take pictures along the way. Yes we do get some nice family pictures, but mainly we take pictures of nature. I love taking pictures of insects. I like close ups of things.


9. Road Trips: An Eight hour trip is no big deal for me. I've traveled my whole life, but only within the United States. I love being able to pull over anywhere that I like and check it out. I like watching the scenery pass me by. I also love playing the number game with others in the car. You have to find the number 1, then 2, and so on. You can only look for it while you are in the car, and the number has to be outside of the car. Then you see (as a group) what's the highest number that you can get to before your trip is over. I especially love road trips with my mom.


10. My Town & My House: I've never lived any one place (home) longer than 2 years and 4 months. I've never lived in any town/city longer than 4 years (college). Next month will be 2 years and 5 months that I've lived in this house. I've lived in this town for just over 3 years. I love it here. We moved clear across the country to be able to buy a house and live closer to family. We bought our 1st home. We are settling down. I have finally made some real connections and relationships with people that live in and around my town. I attend the town's recycling comity meetings, helped with the Earth Day Fair (this with be my 3rd year), volunteer for other things in the town, and I am a member of the local quilt guild. It feels like home. It's nice to not have to be a gypsy any longer.


I nominate the following bloggers, because I love reading their blogs:

1. Christi at FatBottom Blog, Living Green in a Colorful World: She is an amazing person. She does a lot for the marine life in her area. She also makes and sells wonderful plarn tote bags.

2. Julie at EasyEcoToGo: She has inspired me to decrease how much goes into my trash can.

3. Cindy at My Recycled Bags: Another eco crafter who makes some wonderful things out of plarn, vhs tape, tarn, and denim. She also has several patterns on her blog.

4. Stepanie at Recycled Crafts (Craft Gossip): Creative and inspiring eco-crafts.

5. Salihan at Salihan Crafts: I love all of her cute knit and crochet items.

6. Poppy Talk: Inspirational images.

7. Drew at Drew's Smelly Bucket of Stinky Stuff: This is my husband's blog. I love his photos.

8. Jennifer at CraftSanity: I love listening to her podcast, and she has a lot of great crafts on her blog.

9. Sister-Diane at CraftyPod: Another wonderful podcaster. She is a great promoter of the indie crafter.

10. Ben at Guy Goes Green: A wonderful blog on different ways to be more environmental.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the mention. I am honored that I made your 10!

    ReplyDelete