Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amigurumi Zebra Ornament

My Christmas ornament swap partner really likes zebra stripes, so I wanted to make her a zebra.  Most of the zebra patterns that I came across were not small enough to be an ornament, so I turned an amigurumi cat pattern into a zebra with the use of black & white yarn.  For the body I used a yarn that changed from black to gray to white and back again.  For the arms, legs, and tail I used black and white yarn, crocheting it in a spiral pattern that looks like seamless stripes.  I then crochet the eyes (3 rounds for the white and 1 round for the black) and embroidered the mouth and nose.  For the chain loop at the top I used the already attached yarn from sewing the ears.  I hope that she likes it.  My husband liked it and wants me to make him a cat one.  It was his idea to add the little bit of white to the side of the pupil (light reflection). 

No comments:

Post a Comment