Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Swap Gifts for LadyKatka

LadyKatka (ravelry) was my other partner in the larger Halloween swap.  She received her package recently (in Canada).  Here is what I made for her.
A treat bag / project bag made from 3 large M&M wrappers (donated from a restaurant) and skull duct tape (more pictures below), a knitted dish towel, a crochet plarn scrubby, a google eye picture frame, skull stitch markers, gauntlet style fingerless gloves, toilet paper tube treat containers, a cork witch...
Some small goodies like a skull stamp, parachute black cat, spider rings...
A magnet made from a wooden Halloween piece (the toad warts), a plastic bottle ring crochet wreath ornament, pumpkin decoration, a bat ATC, Halloween pencils, Peanuts Gang activity pages, and a card.
Here is my video tutorial on how to make this google eye picture frame.
Gauntlet style fingerless gloves, which I am currently making myself a pair.
This wreath ornament was made by crocheting around a plastic bottle ring.
The pattern for this ornament is:
- Chain 20 stitches.
- Take a plastic bottle ring and half double crochet around it.
- Join with a slip stitch.
- Triple crochet twice in every stitch around, and join with a slip stitch.
- Chain 15 to 20 stitches, and tie to the other chain length.
- Then just add accessories.

Here is my video tutorial on how to make this bag.

Modfied Feather & Fan Hanging Dishtowel


The plarn scrubby pattern is just simply crocheting a basic circle:
- chain 2
- crochet 8 times into the 2nd chain from the hook
- single crochet twice in every stitch = 16 sts
- 2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc in next stitch, repeat = 24 sts
-  2 sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next 2 stitches, repeat = 32 sts
- repeat until it is the size that you want. 
I used 1 Kohls gray plastic bag and 1 small black plastic bag to make the plarn.
These were the first stitch markers that I had ever made.  I loved them so much that I made myself a set.  The skull beads were found at Michael's Craft Store.
These cork witches were based off of this  Korknisse pattern.  I just modified the pattern slightly.
This artist trading card was made by watercolor painting on watercolor paper and then drawing on it with a black fine tipped sharpie.
Here is my video tutorial on how to make these toilet paper tube treat containers.  I put all of the smaller items in these containers.

LadyKatka said that she wants that skull duct tape.  She loved the skull stitch markers, especially since they are piratey.  She was hoping to get a cork witch and an ATC from me, so its good that I made some for her.  The magnet is already on her fridge.  Not pictured above, because it was a last minute add, was a red Kool Aid juice pouch notebook.  I had so much fun making things for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment