Monday, October 24, 2011

Tuesday Tot Craft Time: Spiders

For Halloween, make some spiders with your child.  The spiders above and just below were made with construction paper.  Just cut an oval out of black paper, and cut 8 strips of black paper (spiders have 8 legs).  Fold those 8 strips like a fan.  For the eyes you can use construction paper or google eyes.  Spiders can have 2 and more eyes.  Many have 6 eyes.  Punch a hole at the top to hang from the ceiling.  Just glue all the parts together.  My son wanted his spiders to have 6 legs and 6 eyes.  The one below was from last year and the one above was made this year.
Here is my tutorial on how to make this egg carton spider.  My (at the time) 3 year old helped me make them.
These chenille stem lollipop spiders were made by my swap partner spookycuddles.  She just wrapped short lengths of chenille stems around the lollipops and then glued on some sequins. 
We bought this spider cupcake last October.  The legs are black licorice, the eyes are red hots, and the frosting has black sprinkles on it.  Kids will love to help make these creepy treats.
And I just thought that I would share a couple of my spider photos.
This one was taken by my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment