Thursday, July 21, 2011

Friendship Bracelet Class & Yoga Mat Bag

Yesterday I taught a friendship bracelet class at the Wayland Library in MA.  I love how this library looks from the outside.
Here is my class set up before the kids showed up.
There was a 15 kid limit for the class, but I made 18 bracelet kits.  I like to give the kids options.   Because less than 15 kids showed up, they were able to take home an extra kit for a friend or family member.  The girls were amazed at how easy it was to make these complicated looking bracelets.  
Here are my tools / materials.  The screw driver and the knitting needle help to make a hole in the center of the cardboard circle.  The scissors are for cutting out the cardboard circle, add the 17 notches in it, and for cutting the embroidery floss.  The crochet hook is for pulling the threads through the center hole.  For directions on how to make the bracelets, please see my previous post.
This is the bracelet that I made on Monday for the class.
Here is the bracelet that I started making during my class.  The photo was taken at the beach that same afternoon.  It was a busy but fun day for me.  I taught the class in the morning (and had fun), then my family and I went to the beach that afternoon, and that evening I took my oldest son to see the Harry Potter movie at the theater (discount Tuesdays at our theater).
Here are some of the pictures that I took at the beach. 
If you want to see more photos by me, click here.
I started crocheting a yoga mat bag this week.  The photo on the left was taken yesterday at the beach, and the one on the right was taken today at the park.  I love portable crafts.  I'm going to have to hunt down another skein or two of that yarn tomorrow, because it is almost all used up.

No comments:

Post a Comment