Monday, July 18, 2011

Friendship Bracelet Class Tomorrow

Tomorrow at 11 a.m. I am teaching a friendship bracelet class at the Wayland library.  
Here are the 18 bracelet kits that I put together along with the one that I will be demoing on.
I cut out a cardboard circle, then I drew on it with marker. Next put a hole through the center and cut 17 notches around it. I number the notches 1-17. Then fold 8 threads in half and pull through the center hole. Knot the folded side on the back of the cardboard. Put the 16 threads in 16 notches leaving one empty. Count 3 threads from the empty notch and then move that thread to the empty notch. Repeat until you have the size bracelet the you want. Split the remaining thread in half, braid each half and knot the ends. Now you have a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment