Thursday, November 4, 2010

OMG & LOL


Not to long ago I entered a contest on a blog and won.  I was shocked, because I did not enter it for the contest.  I believe it was a link party, and I love joining link parties.  The prize was something from Terracycle.  I was worried (because we make similar things).  Well my prize arrived today, and my family and I had a good laugh about it. It was a juice pouch bag (shown on the far left of the above picture).  Our laughter had nothing to do with Terracycle or the blog that hosted the contest.  It stemmed from the irony of the prize since I've been making juice pouch bags for about 6 years.  Here is the bag hanging next to 4 of the bags that I have made, three of which were made yesterday.  


I wanted to show you a close up of the Terracycle bag and a close up of one of my bags, just because they are different.  


I am biased.  I like my bags better.

The Terracycle bag is now the 2nd pouch bag that I own that I did not make.  The other one is made out of olive oil pouches from Italy.  I bought that one off of ebay about 5 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Here's an idea for you. :) Have you ever made a bag from soup pouches? I am collecting (slowly) some drink pouches to make a bag, and was at the grocery store the other day. The soup pouches were on sale, and so I bought several. One is for supper tonight. Got me thinking .. could I make a bag from them? They are bigger then the drink pouches and wouldn't require as many.... mmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do that, and you could also use those cat food pouches. Personally I can't bring myself to touch the cat food pouches longer than I have to (I feed them to my cat because he needs soft food . He's old.). I've never bought the soup pouches before. I'll look at them though to see if there are any vegetarian ones that I might like. I've also seen bag made from dog and cat food bags (the dry food). The person lined it with fabric.

    If you make one, please let me know. I would love to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete