Friday, July 30, 2010

Bangles part 3



Today I taught a bangle class at the library.  I had made the base of these bangles out of cardboard mailing tubes.  I brought in all kinds of things for the girls to use to decorate their bangles with.  I showed them how to coil / wrap yarn to create a certain look,  but it was completely up to them how they wanted to decorate their bangle.  The girls were able to make up to 3 bangles.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it.  I made the above bangle during class using fabric, buttons, and glue.


Two types of wrapped ribbon.


Wrapped ribbon and buttons.


Wrapped ribbon.


Ribbon and buttons.


Ribbon and yarn.


Fabric and ribbon.


Wrapped ribbon and yarn.


Sponge Bob fabric and buttons.


Three kinds of ribbon.  One ribbon has a straight stitch running through the center, and then it was gathered to create ruffles.


Ribbon, yarn, and fake flower petals.

I was not able to take a picture of all of the bangles.
Some of them also had fabric flowers with button centers on them.
It was a great class!

Aside from the link parties on the right hand side of my blog, this is also linked in Lamb Around.

5 comments:

  1. I never would have guessed that these were made using cardboard. I love them all! :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Come Link Up! 200th Follower Link Party - You’re Invited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at these! Visiting from the Blog Hops! Stop by when you get the chance. I have a Meet Me Monday blog hop and a Wandering Wednesday blop hop and I would love if you could join in.

    http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! I love the ruffle one! I might just make some of these myself :)

    Kimra
    http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog you have:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    I love those bangles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower . . . I LOVE this bangles!

    Have an awesome weekend . . . Gina

    http://labelladiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete