Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Twisted Texture knit pattern


I have been hand sewing the Valentine's Day log cabin blocks. It's nice to be able to do this while watching tv or while my son is playing in the bath tub. I have also been knitting a dish cloth. I like to try out new knitting patterns while making something useful (a dish cloth).

I am knitting the "Twisted Texture" pattern on size US 10 needles, using Lily's Sugar'n Cream yarn (cotton). The yarn company says that gauge is US 7 needles, but I like having some air holes in my dish cloths (they don't smell as much).

Multiple of 3 sts + 1 (I cast on 28 sts)

Row 1: Purl across

Row 2 (right side): P1, * work Back Cross (knit in 2nd st on left needle, knit in 1st st, then let the 2 left hand needle sts drop), P1, then repeat from *.

Row 3: (The opposite) K1, * purl in 2nd st on left needle, purl in 1st st, then let the 2 left hand needle sts drop, K1, repeat from *

Row 4: Knit across

Repeat rows 1 -4 until you achieve your desired length.

No comments:

Post a Comment