Saturday, June 11, 2011

Flowers, ATCs, and Gifts

Yesterday it occurred to me that I haven't even started making end of the year teacher gifts.  My kids have 2 weeks left of school.  Yes I know its late, but they say that its because of the snow that we get here.  I need to make 3 in total, one for a male teacher and 2 for female teachers.  The male teacher's wife is having a baby soon, so I'll be making an amigurumi item for him for the baby.
For the 2 female teachers I made flowers pens that go in a terra-cotta pot.  Six pens each.  To make them you need fake flowers, scissors, pens, and floral tape.  Next I want to make some egg carton tulip flowers with a lollipop center, and then I'll tie a nice bow around the pot.  This is something that they can keep on their desk.
I've been working on these artist trading cards recently.  I found some super cute fish stickers that look like playing cards.  I put them on the pre-cut cards that a friend sent to me.  Then I found some ocean themed haikus and watercolor painted over them.  The picture above is of me adding some glitter glue to them to spice them up a bit.
I have the best online friends.  Yesterday I received 2 packages from 2 people in my ravelry group.  This was from my friend Gekko who lives in Australia.  Gekko and I were Christmas swap partners, and we are Doctor Who lovers.  
It is AWESOME!!!  She did not make it, but she thought that I could use it as a template.  You bet I can!  She also packed it full of tea and buttons.  I am floored by this gift.  Thank you so much Gekko!
My 2nd package was from LadyKatka who lives in Canada.  She was another angel who sent me blue items for the Crayon swap.  Angel = someone who sends something out of the goodness in their heart and wanting nothing (but maybe a thank you) in return. 
She went through my ravelry queue and found the pattern for a knitted globe that I had wanted to make but was to intimidated to make.  It is fantastic!  Then she made me some blue paper bead stitch markers and a crochet beaded bracelet.  Just lovely!
Then she took the first artist trading card that I had made and made a needle felted version of it.  OMG!  I literally had tears in my eyes when I saw it.  This image, unknown to her, is the wallpaper on my cell phone.  I can't believe she did this for me.  It is AMAZING!  I want to frame them together.  It is incredible!  Thank you soooooooooooo much LadyKatka!  I am just blown away by your package and kindness.
I just wanted to share some pictures that I took yesterday from my back yard.  This spider just would not get out of my seat.
Here is the roadrunner sculpture that my uncle made for me out of railroad spikes.  He camouflages well in my flower garden.

I did finish a crochet projects yesterday that I LOVE, however it is for a swap so I can't show it off just yet.  I can't wait to share it with all of you.  I consider it a work of art and not a crafty item.

1 comment:

  1. if you make the coca cola wallet please show how you made it! it looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete