Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread Man for my Cat


Here is a quick last minute present that I made for my cat.  Its a felt gingerbread man that is filled with locally grown catnip.  The felt is eco-fi felt (made from recycled plastic bottles).  I first did some decorative stitching on the front and back before I sewed the two parts together.  I also added some safety eyes and a safety nose on him.  The stitching on the back of the head looks a little like hair.  With all of the stitching, it makes little holes so that he can really smell the catnip.  I think that he'll really like it.


I don't know about in your house, but in my house our pets also give us presents.  There are a few gifts under the tree from our cat and one gift from the hermit crabs.  I'm sure that my mom sent something from their dog as well.  We also have stockings hanging up for our cat and hermit crabs (a mini one for the hermit crabs).  After all they have been good this year, and they deserve a gift or two from Santa.

Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment