Friday, June 5, 2009

Fused plastic bags & a new quilt

I tape my first show in a week. The topic is making things out of plastic bags. I need to have different steps pre-made for the show. I also have been wanting to make special Disney bags for our up coming vacation. I have 2 plastic Disney store bags that I want to fuse, and turn into 2 sturdier bags for our trip. So why not make the steps I need for the show and make the bags for my trip at the same time? I started the fusing process yesterday. The one Disney bag I have is HUGE. It is taking a while to fuse it.

I have really been wanting to start a new quilt using half square triangles. I kept telling myself that I couldn't start it until other things were finished. I have had a rough 2 weeks. I don't want to go into to it, because this blog for me is all about being creative and not about what is going on in my personal life. I figured that I needed to treat myself by doing something that I really wanted to do. So I started working on the new quilt last night. I cut several 3 1/2" squares from blue fat quarters and black & white print fat quarters. I really like working with black and white prints. I made a log cabin crib quilt using red fabric with the black & white prints. I also used black & white scraps left over from other projects, and then accented it with some green fabric to make another crib quilt. My favorite color is blue, which is easy to see when looking at my fabric stash. While watching tv last night, I marked the back of the blue squares with a pencil. I am hoping to start sewing some of the half square triangles together (using the trick where you sew 2 squares together twice and then cut down the center) sometime today. I want to make an off center large diamond pattern out of the half square triangles. It should be interesting. This quilt will be for myself, so it does need to be large.

No comments:

Post a Comment