Saturday, March 2, 2013

Origami Butterflies and Calendar Wreath

The other day I checked out "Trash Origami: 25 paper folding projects reusing everyday materials" by Michael G. Lafosse and Richard L. Alexander from the library.  There are a lot of great ideas in there.  
While flipping threw the pages, I was chewing some gum.  Then I saw some pretty origami butterflies, and they started with a rectangle.  It was the perfect project to try out with my gum wrappers.  I had trouble with the centers / body, but I still think that they turned out nicely.  
Then I saw a cool calendar wreath in the book.  I found a calendar that we had totally forgotten about last year, so I went to work making the wreath.  You need 12 squares to make, which is why it is perfect for recycling your old calendars.  I did tape the back, because it felt to loose to me.  Glue would have worked to.

I think that both of these would make nice gift toppers.  In face I am thinking about making another calendar wreath today but with smaller origami squares.  Then I'll use that as a present topper for a birthday party that we are going to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment