Friday, June 28, 2013

Market Bag, Hexiflats, Pouches, Dishcloth, and Mermaid

On May 30th I started this bag to show someone how to crochet in the round and how to make a V pattern with the stitches.  I then put it aside that night after making 10 rounds of the base.  I didn't pick it up again until this week, because I was suppose to see her last night (she was a no show).  Anyway, here is my pattern for it so far:
Using an H hook and cotton yarn
- Chain 2
- 6 sc in 1st ch
- 2 sc in every stitch = 12 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next stitch, repeat = 18 sts.
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 2 stitches, repeat = 24 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 3 stitches, repeat = 30 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 4 stitches, repeat = 36 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 5 stitches, repeat = 42 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 6 stitches, repeat = 48 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 7 stitches, repeat = 54 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 8 stitches, repeat = 60 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 9 stitches, repeat = 66 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 10 stitches, repeat = 72 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 11 stitches, repeat = 78 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 12 stitches, repeat = 84 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 13 stitches, repeat = 90 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 14 stitches, repeat = 96 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 15 stitches, repeat = 102 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 16 stitches, repeat = 108 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 17 stitches, repeat = 114 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 18 stitches, repeat = 120 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 19 stitches, repeat = 126 sts
- 2 sc in one st, 1 sc in the next 20 stitches, repeat = 132 sts
- Then in the first V where the first 2 sc in one st were made in the last round, sc twice into that stitch / V then skip a stitch and repeat.
- I made 2 rounds of the sc V stitches.
- Then for the rest of the V stitches I did hdc.

I plan on adding a few rounds of single crochet at the top of the bag, and then add 2 handles using single crochet.
I also made 2 more hexiflats using stash yarn.  The green and black one used up lots of small bits of leftover yarn.
These two pouches were made on the knitting loom at work.  I want to line them, add zippers, and then attach them together.
I have finally gotten around to cleaning and organizing my craft area in the basement this month.  It is more like my craft storage, because I keep materials for current projects in the living room and dining room.  Anyway, while cleaning I came across an unfinished dishcloth from I don't know when.  So last night I finished it.  I really like the way the color pooled in it.
Last night was suppose to be my crochet class.  We were going to work on amigurumis, but she didn't show up.  However I really wanted to make the project that I brought to the class, which was this mermaid.  I really love how she came out, although I do need to make her mouth a darker color (using puff paint).  This is a great pattern, and I want to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment