Monday, November 23, 2009

Quilt Guild Projects


Here are the birthday themed fabric postcards that I made yesterday for my quilt guild. I've never made one before. One goes into the guild's shop to sell and raise money for the guild. The other is for swapping. I cut out some cupcakes from printed fabric. The rest are cut from die-cuts.


I'm apart of the box exchange this year. You are to come up with a block, give directions, and you can only include one fabric to use. Then your box gets passed around to other guild members anonymously, and they make one or two of your blocks and place them in the box. In April you get back your box full of scrappy blocks ready to piece and turn into a quilt. This is the 1st box that I have received this season. The off white fabric was included and the orange and brown fabric is from my stash. It's funny that I got this block to make. I've had maple leaves on my mind. I even bought a blue cloud printed fabric to use as a background for when I make these blocks for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment