Thursday, April 30, 2009

Juice box bags & Box Exchange

The last few days have been filled with sewing. I made 2 small purses from juice pouches (filling an order), and a small container made from juice pouches for someone I know. I also had to make 2 quilt blocks for the box exchange that I'm involved in with my quilt guild. They were due last Monday. This is the last month of the box exchange. Next month we get all of our finished blocks back. I'm wondering what mine look like. I gave people the choice of making a crazy quilt block or a wonky log cabin block. I'm wondering if people only make one block or if they made two. I hope that they made two. Also in quilting news, the block of the month is African inspired. We are to make a certain block without using rulers or templates. A piece of fabric was provided for us to match and use, but not overly match. It should be interesting. I had brought in my Easter quilt top for show and tell. That got a nice response.

I have also been busy knitting dish clothes. I am using size 9 needles and Sugar'N Cream yarn. My pattern is: Cast on 5 stitches. Knit the next row. Then all the other rows until 50 stitches on the needle I knit 2, knit in front and back of the 3rd stitch, and knit to the end. On the decreasing rows I knit 2, knit 2 together, and knit to the end. When 5 stitches remain, I bind off.

No comments:

Post a Comment