Friday, January 16, 2009

Quilt Blocks





My husband's co-worker and his wife loved the knitted baby hat and booties. Thats always nice to hear that someone loves something that you made for them.

The 1st quilt block shown is from the box exchange with my quilt guild. The person provided all of the fabric and wanted the middle log cabin paper pieced. I think the pattern is called hearts and mountains.

The next one I made today. It is the first quilt in my daily quilting calendar. January 1st shows the whole quilt and January 2nd shows the block that I cut and pieced today. I made 3 of this block as directed in the whole quilt picture. The block pattern calls for four 4 1/2" white squares and one purple one, and two 5 1/4" squares of each color that is then cut into 4 triangles and sewn together.

I have also been hand piecing the Grandma's Flower Garden quilt and knitting a swatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment