Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ocean Haiku Artist Trading Cards

Using the pre-cut cards that a friend of mine sent to me, I made the following artist trading cards.  I had bought some cute stickers that I placed to one side of the cards.  I then went online and found some ocean haikus and a haiku about buttons (for the last card), then wrote them on torn pieces of papers.  Next I watercolor painted the papers to match the cards that they were going to be placed on.  When dry, I glued them in the empty space next to the stickers.  They seemed a little to plain though, so I added some glitter glue to spice them up a bit.  I like them.  They are simple, but they are still nice to look at.  Sometimes simple is best.  I wanted to include a link to the page where I found the ocean haikus, but I can't seem to find it again.  They also did not have any author's name attached to them.

1 comment:

  1. These are great Kristy! Cute, fun, and very nicely done!! ~tina

    ReplyDelete