Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Resolution / Challenge


Every year I make 100 New Year's resolutions.  By making 100, I have a high chance of succeeding in half or more than half of them vs failing one big one.  One of them is to make 365 items in 2011.  You might have seen a new box on the top right hand side of my blog that says "items made in 2011."  This is where I'll be keeping a running tally of the number of things that I make in the new year.  The biggest question mark is will pieced quilt blocks count?  They do take time to make.  I think that they count, but I will be keeping a separate tally of them anyway.

Does anyone want to join me in this resolution / challenge?






9 comments:

  1. Wow, Kristy. I'd like to join you but I know it's too much for me. I can't wait to see your projects though. And yes, I think the blocks should count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela. I was worried that it would be to much for me as well. However some days I make a lot of little things, so I think that I can do it. Thank you for your feedback on the quilt blocks. I really want to quilt more in 2011. I didn't do much quilting in 2010 and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think the individual quilt blocks should count as separate "things" made, as would the finished quilt since it's a big project in & of itself.

    I'll have to think about doing this myself. It does sound like an awful lot to take on, but like you said, the small stuff does add up quicker than we might realize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun ... maybe ..just maybe I'll join you! Then instead of looking back in a year and seeing "what I didn't get done" .. I can look back and see just how much I DID get done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!!!!! The more the merrier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that quilt blocks should count as individual projects, most definitely!
    Thinking about joining you....it's not the "making" that worries me, it's the "posting of the made things" that does!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam, just keep a running tally. I don't post everything that I make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am joining this challenge! At least, I'm gonna give it a good old college try. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete