It's New Year's Eve and I had some left over hat template print outs from my class the other day, a mess of foam stickers all over the place (every time they are put away, my son dumps them out all over the couch and floor), and a 3 year old bothering his big brother. So why not have him make some hats of his own?
Here are the two hats that he made, which equaled 30 to 45 minutes of some peace in the house.
I finished another circular scrubby last night.
And I began another one while watching a movie with my family.
I'm using Bernats yarn and size 8 needles, and again I am doubling the pattern for size.plumslife.blogspot.com. Technically I made me first sock a year or two ago using acrylic yarn, and it was for a toddler. I made it so that I could turn it into a sackboy. Then I found the sackboy pattern. This will be my first real pair of socks. I cast on last night using 3.25 mm double pointed needles. I hope that I don't fall into the single sock trap (not making a pair). By now I am very use to working with double pointed needles and sock yarn, so it should be easy enough. This will also be the first time that gage is really important. Making a pair of socks is one of my New Year's resolutions. Another is making a dog sweater, which might seem easier after making the socks.