Friday, July 16, 2010

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies



During our road trip we decided to take a fun detour and go to the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN.


They did a great job painting this mural over the large fish tank.  You can look down into this tank and then go below and travel under it.  It was amazing.  I also like looking at the picture for color inspiration.


The carpeting was also pretty cool.  


I love the color story in this picture.  Its hard to see, but there is an angler fish behind the orange coral.  I tried to get a good picture of it, because I had knitted one in December for my oldest son (link to the pattern here).


The lionfish is my favorite fish.  Inspiration can be easily found in its striping.  


This was a fun extra to the penguin exhibit.  This painting was made by Maureen the penguin.


Walking back to the car I saw this window display.


I really love looking at these stripes.  Right now my thoughts go to knitting socks, scarfs, and hats inspired by them.



No comments:

Post a Comment