Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dishcloth & Scrubby & Twilight (no, not the movie/book)



I made the dishcloth duo by knitability tonight out of I Love This Cotton! yarn.  It was a very easy pattern and a quick knit.  However I am not happy with the size of the circular scrubby.  Its pretty small (to me).  So I went on ravelry and looked up others who had made it as well.  One person had doubled the pattern which resulted in a good size.  I'm going to try that.  Also this yarn was purchased during my road trip last week.  Its nice using sovnienier yarn right away instead of stashing it.


I've been having fun playing around with the location of my roadrunners.  This is the 3rd time that I have moved them.  Right now they are munching on a bush at twilight.


Here is a nice discover in my backyard.  I planted several flower buds last year around this bush.  I never saw any of them until today.  This is the one that made it.  I wonder if I'll see another one next year.  I just love the design of them.


While taking the above twilight pictures, I heard thunder in the distance (lightning would follow within the hour).   I just love the colors and patterns here.  I don't know about you, but I love looking at nature for creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. I am knitting the large scrubby. Would I knit for 40 rows also?
    I hope I can figure how to sew together it is not looking promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you would knit 40 rows or 20 repeats. It does seem tricky to sew the cast on and cast off rows together, but it is easy. I then gather the stitches on one end through the side stitches that look like knots. I then turn it right side out and gather the other end together. I just made another one last night. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete