Friday, October 2, 2009

Preparing for the taping of "Its Easy Being Green"


Today I really needed to prepare for the taping of 2 of "Its Easy Being Green" tv episodes. The first taping is an interview with Maryann Geiser from Around The House, a remodeling and home repair company that she runs with her husband. She is going to talk about how you can make your home more environmentally friendly. The 2nd show taping will be making a juice pouch purse. I spent this week cleaning the sticky straw part off of several juice pouches. I then timed myself making a purse, with pre-assembled parts for the show. It usually takes me about an hour to sew one of these purses. The show is only 30 minutes long, so I needed to make sure that I could complete the project in time. I need to run out to the store to buy a zipper, but other than that, I am ready. Above is the bag that I made today while I timed myself.

If you watch the show, then you have heard the music played during the opening and closing of the show. The music was generously made by the band Wednesday Night Militia. They will be preforming for Rocktoberfest on October 24th at 119 Gallery in Lowell, MA. You can also watch some of their preformances on youtube.


In an effort to throw as little in the trash as possible, I've been saving the plastic Coke and Pepsi wrapper that is around their plastic bottles. I folded them in half, opened it up, and then folded the ends to the center. I then folded it in half again. I lined 4 of them up today and sewed them together using a zig zag stitch. This would make a cute punk like wrist cuff. I think that I might keep adding to this one and make a container out of it.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the show taping. I love the bags your making from juice pouches. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I love your plarn bags. Especially the ones with plarn flowers. The show went well, I think. I haven't reviewed the cds yet. I get a copy of each show the same night that they are filmed. I'm doing a give away (my 1st) with the bag that I made on the show tonight. You have to live in my area though. I'm trying to get an audience for the next taping, and the bag will be given to an audience member that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one.
    Here in the Netherlands we recycle our plastic coke bottles.
    You pay 25 cent when you buy a bottle, when you bring it back you get your money back.So I can't get the wraps of it.

    ReplyDelete