Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Click for Babies: Period of Purple Crying Caps

I am making purple newborn baby hats for Click for Babies: Period of Purple Crying Caps.  Aunt Margaret's Yarn and Gift Shop is one of the places that will be collecting hats for this charity (through November / December).  Here are the hats that I made using 1 skein of Cascade Yarns Pacific (color #26).  I was able to crochet most of a 4th hat before I ran out of yarn.
This super easy hat uses a G hook and about 23 yards of yarn.  I timed myself, and it took only 30 minute to make it.  I did add 2 increase rows to the pattern, because the pattern is for preemies.  
I used a J and an H hook for this twisted cables crochet hat.  It took about 60 yards of yarn to make.  It was a fun pattern
This ribbed baby hat used an I hook and 72 yards of yarn to make.  The designer also has a matching diaper cover available to.  This pattern was incredibly easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment