Sunday, January 19, 2014

Block of the Month Square and Orbital Dishcloth

I am making two afghans at the same time from "101 Crochet Stitch Patterns & Edgings."  This is part of the block of the month class that I'm teaching at Aunt Margaret's Yarn & Gift Shop.  The first block starts with #48.  I'm using Plymouth Encore yarn color #235 and hooks G and H.  I like this yarn a lot more than the green one that I'm making.  It is also a smaller square than the green ones, even though I'm using the same hook sizes.

I just discovered Plymouth Yarn's jeannee chunky cotton yarn (color #30).  I am loving it.  It works up quickly and feels very nice.  I made this orbital dishcloth with it, although it is so large that it is more like a placemat or hot pad.  With worsted weight yarn it is suppose to be about 10.5" in diameter, but with the chunky yarn it is 14" in diameter (and I didn't even make the last round of the pattern).  I think that several of these would look great on a table as placemats.  This is a quick and easy project.

No comments:

Post a Comment