Saturday, December 21, 2013

Man Hats

After making several of these hats for charity (first 2 photos) I wanted to make more for Christmas presents.  Here is the free pattern for these hats.  It is a very easy pattern which can be made in a day.  I used Loops and Threads Charisma yarn, a size 10 small circular needles, and 4 size 10 dpns.  The Charisma yarn comes in many different solid and self striping colorways, and it very soft.  I recommend knitting 6 inches instead of the 7 that the pattern calls for in the beginning.  I have made both lengths, and the 6 seems to be a better fit.  My 6 year old, my husband, and I have all tried on the same hat, and it fit all of us just fine.  I made the first hat in July and finished the last hat yesterday.  

This is Lumino yarn that I bought from my local yarn store.  It reflects light, which is perfect for at night.  You can see the reflection in the bottom photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment