Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hexi Flats #9-13

I designed my very first hexiflat / hexipuff this week.  It also happens to be my very first color work (not including stripes).  For one of the ravelry challenge groups that I'm in, I designed a 3 water drop hexiflat that was inspired by the book that I just finished, "The Overtaking."  The water drops represent a scene in the book.  The 2nd photo is the back of the water drops.  It took me 3 tries before I figured out a way to carry the 2 colors around successfully, or at least to my liking. 
This one is just slightly larger than the others, but I think that I can still make it work with the others.  I used leftover yarn from a doll afghan that I made earlier this month.
Inspired by two other challenges in the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup on Ravelry, I made these two fish hexiflats.  I used a yarn that was actually called ocean for the background.  Then I crochet the fish appliques.  I would to make a lot more of these for the afghan that these will become. 
I didn't have any yellow for this goldfish, but many goldfish are orange and white.  I really like him.
It is a Star Wars themed month in my Disney adventures group, so I made a Chewbacca inspired hexiflat using eyelash yarn.  I sewed a white ribbon across it to represent Chewbacca's sash.

No comments:

Post a Comment