Saturday, May 23, 2009

Quilt Guild Box Exchange


We got back our box exchange blocks at the last quilt guild meeting. Here is mine. I love it! The top 2 on the right are the ones that I made. The directions were to make your choice of either a crazy quilt block and/or a wonky log cabin block. The person could make one or two blocks. They had to use this brown batik fabric that I included (brown w/ some green, orange, and yellow with branch like patterns). I also included some yellow fabric for them to use if they wanted to. I think everyone used both fabrics. I also asked them to stick to a certain color scheme, and to use fabrics that were nature inspired. I really love it. They really look good together. Now I just need to make a quilt out of them.

Oh, I also won 10 of the 30 block of the month blocks. There were 3 winners (10 blocks each). I was so happy. I really wanted them. I did not win mine back. They are all so different and interesting. You can look on an older post to see the ones that I had made. They were inspired by African quilt blocks (no rulers or rotary cutters were allowed).

No comments:

Post a Comment