Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bamboo yarn long scarf


It is day 7 for me of the eco craft challenge. My in-laws were here for the weekend; so, I wanted to choose something simple to work on. Why not work on a UFO (unfinished object)? I started knitting the bamboo yarn that I bought on my trip to Missouri last month while on the road. I haven't really touched it since I've been home. It is a simple garter stitch scarf on size US 9 needles. I used 2 long skeins to make it. I can wrap it around my neck twice and it is still nice and long. The yarn is very soft. This is the perfect scarf for New England weather.



This craft challenge is the perfect reason for all of you to work on your UFOs. What's holding you back from finishing them?

As a side note... I was zapped today. I wanted a little pick me up. I wanted to run to the fabric or the craft store to buy a little something to cheer me up. I was near both stores today, but resisted the urge. I want to keep my spending under the $20 limit for the challenge. Some how I got into the habit of buying craft supplies as part of an effort to lift my spirits. However when I finish a project and have a new product to show for it, I'm proud of myself. It brightens my day. Producing new objects, finishing UFOs, and decluttering my home by stash busting are my goals for this challenge. They are what keep me on track and motivated. There are so many projects that I want to tackle, but I need to focus and take it one project at a time. I did spend $2 of the budget on glue the other day. I needed it to line the inside of the milk carton wallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment