Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

I have made 2 more pigs and have started making another one. One of the pigs is for my son's school librarian. She collects pigs. I need to find out when national pig day is, and I'll give it to her then.


I also knitted another dish cloth. I used a self striping cotton yarn in Easter colors (blue, purple, green, and white.... all light colors). I cast on 37 stitches and just knit in garter stitch. I used Lily's Sugar'n Cream and size US10 needles. I just cast on the same yarn on the same needles for a new2 dish cloth. I am starting off with one stitch and increasing on the two ends every other row. The alternate rows are knitted as is. I'll eyeball where I want to start decreasing it. This way I'll end up with a square dish cloth with diagonal stripes.


In other news, I am an Instant Challenge appraiser for my region's DestiNation Imagination Tournament this year. I went to my training session on Valentine's Day. The one creative thing that an appraiser has to do is make a silly hat to wear at the tournament. It puts the kids at ease. I am making mine out of recycled materials. Right now I am crocheting a top hat out of plastic bag yarn. I am going to embellish it. I have a few ideas floating around in my head. At the end of the tournament, there is a hat contest for the appraisers. That should be fun. If you don't know what DI (DestiNation Imagination) is, it might be easier to look it up than for me to explain it. I was a team manager for my son's team last year. It's a lot of work. The kids come out of having learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment